Wednesday, March 25, 2015

27 Weeks...

Today I am 27 weeks and 3 days pregnant. It’s hard to believe! I had an ultrasound yesterday, and Baby A (closest to the birth canal) was 2lb, 9oz; Baby B was 2lb 4oz! I am happy with those weights; at my previous ultrasound exactly 3 weeks ago, Baby A was 1lb 9oz and Baby B was 1lb 7oz. So they each gained about 1lb in 3 weeks! Baby A was observed to be head down (yay!) and Baby B was transverse, positioned above Baby A. All I need is for Baby A to be head down because then I can give birth naturally (doctors can spin Baby B into a head down position after A is born).

9 weeks to go until I’m “safe.” Safe meaning that the twins can emerge and not require any special NICU/preemie support. That’s basically at 36 weeks which brings me to May 26. I hope I can make it an extra week so they are born in June!

Here is my wishlist, in order of priority! We’ll see how many I can achieve….

1.       Both twins totally healthy


2.       Each twin over 6 lbs


3.       Both born after 36 weeks


4.       Both born naturally (no c-section)


5.       No stretch marks


6.       No twin skin



Every day I am eating so much protein; basically every time I eat something I try to add a protein component, whether it’s nuts, eggs, meat, or dairy, etc. Everything I’ve read tells me that protein is the most critical component to building a strong healthy baby. Also I’ve been drinking tons of water; I’ve never been a water drinker but now I’m constantly drinking water for two reasons: to disperse the nutrients throughout my body and to sufficiently replenish the amniotic fluid.

I still can’t believe there are two of them in there. We only found out on February 3 at my first ultrasound (20 weeks pregnant). That was probably the most exciting day of my life! The ultrasound technician was a bit reticent, and didn’t give much commentary as she was performing the scan, but at one point she muttered “Yeah, both girls,” which temporarily confused us. I don’t think either of us even considered the possibility of having twins. When I asked her to clarify, she narrowed her eyes at me as if I was a crazy lady and said “You don’t know you have twins?” She thought she was just performing a routine ultrasound (and not my very first)!

No comments:

Post a Comment